Wednesday, July 28, 2004

I'm a visual person

...You've probably noticed that I've added a lot of pics to my site. Sorry for those of you without DSL. You'll just have to decide if it's worth the wait to see them- and I hope it is!
I have to share my victory with you all. I just gave Buster a manicure/pedicure all by myself! So now his nails are all nice and short.
The other thing is that I have begun an old door collection (I have 2 now). I want to distress them and use them in some creative fashion, any ideas?
At my local Stitch and Bitch, another gal asked my why I like knitting. I had to think for a moment. Why do I like it? Well, I think it's 'cause I can blend my sewing skills with a new (uncharted territory for me) craft, and make things. I like to be industrious and learn new skills. Plus, I feel like I am contributing to my Grandmas who tried to teach me to knit at the early age of 5. It didn't click with me then, but now it does. I guess I just had to wait awhile. The next step I would like to take is to find a way for my knitting projects to be partially funded by our clothing budget. I think I'm still a ways off from that, but I can hope nonetheless.  I keep making wearable things- maybe someday I'll work it out.


No comments: