Thursday, October 20, 2005

knit n' clean

First off, I have to confess what I just did. I am in the middle of cleaning the bathroom. Before I began I decided I needed to listen to something that would be most enjoyable while cleaning. I went to the ITunes thing on our computer, and thought a podcast would be just the thing. OOH- I will listen to knitting podcasts while I clean the toilet and scrub, scrub, scrub our OLD tub. Let me tell you, cleaning the bathrom is never a fun task albeit its instant gratification of cleaness and freshness, but the podcast listening makes it way better.

My job has been keeping me busy, busy, busy. I still sneak in some knitting here and there, but it has become a less frequent activity. That will change soon though, as I have placed an order with KnitPicks. Can I get a shout out for affordable wool!?! I selected Sierra, a bulky wool in grape (because I surely need a purple cabled sweater), and some red and blue yarn for some toasty wool socks made by request for DH, and a cheap splurge- dyeable lace weight yarn. It was like 4 or 5 bucks for about 400 or 800 (can't remember which) yards. Sweet deal. So, I am lurking and hoping for a soon arrival of my own box of yarn. I placed the order Monday night.

Oh- I am also trying to teach myself the Magic Loop sock knitting method. I'm not sure if it's working correctly, or not. We'll see, someday. Unless any of my helpful knitting friends can straighten me out in this realm.

3 comments:

Kelle said...

I actually have next Wednesday off from work so I'm hoping to make it to this Wednesday's SnB. I'll give you a few pointers on the magic loop if necessary. Beth's used it too so she could help you out too.

Anonymous said...

You are going to LOVE knitpicks! I got my package 2 days after ordering it and even though it was super cheap, it was still really good quality. I'm glad to hear you're giving the magic loop a try, it makes socks go so much faster;)

- LisaD. said...

You must be busier than usual 'cause you don't post as regularly. Like I should be one to talk, huh?

I will definitely be at SnB this wednesday. Can I get in on the magic loop lesson too?